Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Evaluating success

An old oxford don was being felicitated by the alumni for having completed 50 years of academia. After the dinner, over a glass of sherry one of his admirers asked the old Don,’ Sir how come so many of your students have done well in life. How did to value their dissertations?’

‘In the early years I used to take lots of time and trouble to evaluate the papers. But in my later years I found a foolproof method. I placed all the files on the top step of the staircase and gave the pile a kick and gave maximum marks to the ones that fell nearest to me and the ones falling farthest got the k least marks. Gentlemen most of you are products of this system’ He sat down amidst stunned silence.

In life what matters is individual enterprise, creativity, using or making opportunities and not book learning.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Couldn't have said it better!:)